Project Idea Generated are generated through different sources like customers, competitors, and employees. Firms should analyze the business environment that consists of the economic, government polices & regulations, technological, the socio-demographic and competitive indicators before embarking on a project and final investment.
Pre-feasibility studies are preliminary financial and technical studies that involve substantial time and cost and uses metrics and data specific to the project under consideration. For a firm that takes a plunge into the project whether Greenfield or brownfield or major Repairs and Modernization a preliminary feasibility study is must.
Project pre-feasibility study involves series of iterative process related to project revenues, Capex phasing and financial plan. Since projects involve substantial capital expenditure plan any haphazard and informal selection of the project can result in a financial disaster for the project proponent and shareholders.
According to World Bank the project planning stage involves answering the following question:
- Reviewing and becoming familiar with the policies and procedures related to project preparation;
- Understanding the key documents that need to be prepared and who is responsible for what;
- Having a general idea of the time required to complete the different tasks involved and steps to be covered;
- Distinguishing the key decision points, identifying who is involved in making those decisions, and understanding the actions and information that will be required for such decisions to be made;
- Aiming to define the final project scope rapidly;
- Identifying the potential key roadblocks and critical steps within the Bank and with the borrower;
- Assembling the team for the job; and
- Understanding the variables that can be influenced
We at ANS MarketPro follow a meticulous pre-feasibility research process to present to our client a realistic view of the project. Our prefeasibility studies involve analysis of business model, project cannibalization and financial analysis based on time tested assumptions related to technical, engineering, legal, operating, economic, social, and environmental factors.
We help our clients keep a constant vigil of the costs involved in the project whether related to operating expenses like labour costs, material costs, commodity prices or Capex related like major and minor equipment by using our propriety global databases.
We use World Bank and Asian Development Bank prescribed methodology for economic analysis of projects and use experience of personnel involved in project development. ANS MarketPro provides insights and analysis on more than 100 emerging, developing and developed countries across seven key growth industries.